SynapRSVP – Toronto, ON or Los Angeles, CA
SynapRSVP is an event management organization that promotes, plans, organizes and executes online events. SynapRSVP hosts a variety of events for our customers from corporate meetings to massive online movie sharing.
We are looking for a creative and enthusiastic Event Planner to work out of our Toronto or Los Angeles office. The Event Planner will take charge in planning events from conception through completion, anticipating project needs, and managing priorities and deadlines in an organized and creative manner, while staying within budget. Events include lectures, holidays & parties, meetings, artist Q&A, press conferences, movie parties and live sports.
Events will occur primarily in the evenings and weekends, and the successful candidate will need to be flexible to work the hours and times required.
Plan, organize and manage events, both online, and at external venues, to ensure successful event execution.
- Plan and organize events, managing all administrative and logistical aspects
- Build relationships with vendors, and serve as liaison with vendors on all event related matters
- Liaise with hosts and artists regarding any special needs and tools (videos, pictures, PowerPoints, etc.)
- Be present throughout the events to ensure events are running smoothly, addressing any issues as they arise
- Liaise directly with the venue manager to organize set up, clean up and dismantling of equipment and decorations after the events
- Work with the volunteer coordinator to assure the event is covered appropriately
- Create volunteer plan for all connections and events, then working with Volunteer Care Department to manifest the plan
- Maintain and track the events analytics to ensure ROI and high performance
- Attend weekly staff meetings, marketing meetings, meetings with venue manager, and other meetings as needed
- Prepare and update multiple expense reports
- Liaise with management to ensure events are on the calendar on a timely basis
- Devise a marketing and promotion plan, in collaboration with the Venue Manager, to promote all events and connections
- Ensure the all Websites promotes events and features content relating to each topic
- Collaborate with other customers/venues to create a buzz for every event
- Create Landing pages for each event that accurate and timely
- Order all marketing materials, working with the media department to ensure all graphics and information are appropriate for each connection or event
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of event coordination and planning experience
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently
- Calm demeanor with the ability to work well under pressure Extremely organized